24.11.10

Books I Love: Ina May Collection




This is my Ina May collection. As you may or may not know, dear reader, I am pregnant for the first time in my life and very very happy to be. I´ve dreamed of being a mother all my life, and when I finally found a man I wanted to make a family with this desire became so strong that it was basically what I most wanted in the world and happily, shortly after I became pregnant with my little prince, my little beatiful boy.
I imagine birthing to be an amazing life changing event, the most powerful and outrageously exciting moment in life.
On a recent trip to San Francisco, I went into a bookstore and started looking at the childbirth books. I came across Ina May´s Guide to Childbirth and devoured it in a few days. It is completely inspiring, packed with beautiful birth stories told by the mothers themselves and infinitely valuable information provided by Ina May Gaskin.
After reading the book twice I was hooked and needed some more, so I ordered (and waited forever, since we live down here at the very bottom of the continent) Ina May´s first book, Spiritual Midwifwery, and the lovely Guide to Breastfeeding. They are all gems and I not only recomend them to pregnant women but to everyone and anyone interested in childbirth or, better yet, in Humans as a species. :)
Ina May Gaskin´s Website
I promise I flipped the images over but for some reason blogger keeps posting them like this... sorry...

No comments: